Light Pole Systems’ Anchor Bolt Adapter (ABA) is designed to fix the common problem of anchor bolts not matching the light pole. This problem most often occurs when anchor bolt circle is confused with anchor bolt square, the wrong anchor bolt template is used, or when the pole base plate is cut incorrectly. Sold as a set for standard 4 bolt patterns, the hot dip galvanized Anchor Bolt Adapter block threads onto the existing anchor bolt, in place of the leveling nut and washer, and the light pole is bolted to the Anchor Bolt Adapter studs with the included nut and washers. The Anchor Bolt Adapter allows the bolt circle to change size, rotate, or move to the center.
The Anchor Bolt Adapter is engineered and tested to ensure it’s stronger than the light poles it supports. Hot-dip galvanizing ensures the steel will not rust.
U.S. Patent 10,450,740
The Anchor Bolt Adapters are protected under U.S. Patent 10,450,740. They were designed, tested, and are always built by our team here in The United States of America.
Bolt Circle vs Bolt Square
The common mistake the causes the problem of anchor bolt pattern not matching the pole bolt pattern is the difference between Bolt Circle, Bolt Square, and Bolt Pattern. The Bolt Circle is a more accurate measurement of the Bolt Pattern.
- Bolt Pattern (Base Pattern) is the generic term for the measurement of the anchor bolts in the concrete footing. There is no standard measurement that goes with this term. When referring to bolt pattern, some companies are talking about bolt circle, others are taking about bolt square. This is why it is critical to confirm if your measurements are the Bolt Circle or Bolt Square.
- Bolt Circle is the diagonal measurement of a standard 4 bolt pattern. This is also the diameter of a circle drawn through the center of all the bolts in the pattern.
- Bolt Square is the side measurement of a standard 4 bolt pattern. This is the measurement of one side of the square.
Converting Bolt Square to bolt Circle
Use this simple formula to convert a bolt square to a bolt circle. Bolt Square(BS) Divided by 0.707 equals Bolt Circle(BC) (BS / 0.707 = BC).
The Anchor Bolt Adapters are certified by an independent engineer for:
- 3/4 inch (ABA.75) and 1 inch-to-3/4 inch conversion (ABA1-.75) Anchor Bolt Adapter: 25′ pole, 150 lbs. fixture weight, 100 mph, EPA 11 using the center hole and EPA 5 using the outside hole.
- 1 inch (ABA1) Anchor Bolt Adapter: 40′ pole, 550 lbs. fixture weight, 100 mph, EPA 12 using the center hole and EPA 5 using the outside hole.
Anchor Bolt Adapter Features
- The Anchor Bolt Adapter includes a set of 4 ABA Blocks, each with two washers and one nut
- Each unit is hot-dip galvanized to prevent corrosion
- The threads are cut to accommodate galvanized anchor bolts to ensure the block will thread onto any standard 1″ or 3/4″ anchor bolt
Each set includes 4 anchor blocks in the following sizes:
- ABA75: 3/4-inch option for 0.75″ X 10 anchor bolts
- ABA1: 1-inch option for 1″ X 8 anchor bolts
- ABA1-.75: 1-inch to 3/4 inch conversion. Threads onto 1″ X 8 anchor bolts and has a 0.75″ X 10 stud and nut